21 July 2003

Opposite sex
I have fallen in love with a certain yoga tape that has really helped my strength level, so I had Eric give it a try. I stuck in the tape and started mediating in the typical yoga manner. Suddenly, my world is invaded with the horrified voice of my husband, "is he gay"? My first feeling was annoyance of my interrupted mediation for this somewhat obvious and pointless statement. Who cares? I tend to appreciate gays because they dress a lot better anyway, and hey, I'm certainly not bothered with any sexual advances! They tend to be very sensitive about emotions, feelings, and health too. Later I started wondering why straight guys are so repulsed by gays. Trying to put the shoe on the other foot, I made myself think of lesbian contact I've had. I prefer not to be "eyed", but I don't have a problem with being with them either. Granted, I don't want to go out and just "bum" with them, but no, I am not repulsed and slide towards the nearest exit. Maybe it's just me, but guys seem a lot more sensitive about each other's sexual preference than women. I don't think of it as a negative or positive, but just wonder why sometimes.