25 July 2003

Life is returning!
My life seems to be coming to a wonderful new level! Because of the required reading, research and papers involved with the Masters, and the growth of Dan Shi Club, AND my new marriage, I have come to the recent decision that I simply cannot keep working at full time level anymore. I enjoy my position (a weird mix of insurance knowledge, organizational skills, and technical ability) as a Risk Management Rep, but the hours eat into some of my most valuable time in the afternoon. So over a period of time, this coversation ensued:

Me: Given the huge amount of time that I have saved through streamlining processes, would you consider part time?

Employers: No.

Me: Then due to the time involved with my husband, further education, and Dan Shi Club, I do not feel that I can continue in this position.

Employers: So what kind of part time where you thinking?

Me: How about 8-12 M-F with freedom to take unpaid vacation without any problems?

Employers: errr...we think that we need more hours. We'll take 8-1, no lunch, M-F.

Me: How about 8-12 M-F with freedom to take unpaid vacation without any problems?

Employers: That'll work.