18 December 2003

Age Reflection
I was quite startled when I suddenly realised, as I stared at the microwave heating my steak and potatoes, that I will be 25 years old in March. My god. 25 years old? I suddenly had this reckless desire to return to 18, then on further reflection, decided that I didn't want to ever re-live my life. Growing up was hard enough with multiple mistakes made. Why endure that again? People amaze when they say, "I want to be young again and avoid the mistakes I made." Let's think this through. If they're really young again, they probably have the same reckless stupidity, and will undoubtably make the same mistakes again! Anyway, I don't feel 25, and I definitely don't feel like I've accomplished anything yet, so I don't want to be 25 either. I then went to CNN to read since my steak and potatoes was heated for my breakfast (leftovers that won't make it to lunch), and they had an article that said,

"ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- The average age at which American women are having their first child has climbed to an all-time high of 25.1, the government said Wednesday."

What? 25 years old is a later age for kids???? I'm almost there and the prospect of having a child is monstrously terrifying. A cat, rabbit, and kitten is traumatic enough for me now.