18 December 2003

OH, and BTW...
Never, ever, plan to eat at St. Elmo's Steakhouse unless you are ready to shell out serious bucks. When I mean serious, I mean, nothing is on the menu below $25. The $25 entrees are apparently dogfood based on the other entrees. Eric seemed to be struggling with justifying a $40 porterhouse. This really amazed me because I personally can't justify $4.95 for a little plate of green lettuce, or spending money at any restaurant. The point of eating out is to enjoy the service provided, and well prepared food that you did not have to slave over to make. Once this was conveyed, he ordered the porterhouse and seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I must say though, if you do go, I would highly recommend St. Elmo's, as the food is simply fabulous. Getting the shrimp cocktail appetizer is absolutely required. It's like eating straight wasabi.