19 January 2004

Gourmet Party
My friend got the brilliant idea that since we, and a few of her friends, enjoy cooking gourmet recipes, why not have a party, and each person bring their favourite gourmet dish? Brilliant. Delicious. Fun. Awesome. I am kicking myself for fogetting to take pictures of the dishes, as they were truly excellent in both appearance and taste. Following were the delectable delights:

Appetisers
  • Black Mountain cheese (Welsh), Chives and Onion cheese (Welsh), and 5 County cheese (English) with crackers

  • Soy beans (if you haven't had these, don't judge them until you've tried!)

  • Crab cakes

Entrees
  • Fantastic pasta dish that had fresh parmesan just grated before put into the pan

  • Sweet and Sour Strawberry salad

  • Stuffed peppers

  • A mussel/crab/shrimp concoction with Tusari mustard stuffed in a pastry shaped in a fish

Desserts
  • Fudge cake with homemade fudge

  • Mexican carmel custard

The fish was my contribution. I actually enjoyed it, which is rare because I don't often eat my own creations. It was a great meal though, that lasted 4 hours. We had no idea the time flew like that though. The only slight change that we discussed was making the meal work together a bit more. Perhaps with an ethnic theme. We'll see what she decides for next month :)