28 January 2004

Laceration Effects
I never realised how much I depended on my right index finger. I have made an oath to never cut cheese again with knife. This may seem challenging, but I can use cutting boards with wire on it or something. True, I didn't cut it correctly, but as I missed the cheese and cut my index finger to the bone, requiring six stitches, I am not in the mood to apply blame, but to avoid the situation altogether.

...and I also had no idea that I had so much blood in such a small part of my body. I finally rang a friend that used to be an EMT and he said to clot it by putting pressure on it with a wet towel. That was after the telephone and kitchen floor started looking like a crime scene. Now that it's stitched and wrapped, pressure on the keyboard kills me, so I'm pecking at it. I can't properly relay the annoyance of going from 85-90 words per minute down to, "where's that comma."