18 March 2004

Anger
I am experiencing a lot of anger right now. I had to do a rather arduous literature review for a research/statistics class last week. Received the feedback: B. This is totally unacceptable. Now I have to manage to stay in the 30 points remaining before I hit a class grade of A-. I think that will be all right though; and even if it's not, I have 50 more points in the A- range for the overall grade, but that's not the point. The point is that the literature review's grade was a B. I've never experienced this before, and I find it extremely unsettling. One time I received a B+ in World History during my Bachelors, but I wasn't even there half the time (was in France) and the prof was officially recognised as the "Prof B" (Professor Bitch) by the entire class and school. So, I'm very upset. I don't even know what I did wrong because the prof did the track changes for her comments, then copied/pasted in the OE email. She told me to copy/paste it back into Word and turn on track changes to see the feedback. This defies every ounce of logic, in my opinion. She may be good with research and statistics, but we need to work on the computer knowledge a bit. Why didn't she just attach the Word doc with the track changes in the OE message??? She's a good prof though, so I know she'll send it as an attachment since copying/pasting obviously didn't work.

This day is not starting out well.