18 March 2004

Half.com
I just want to say Half.com so rocks. Buffy told me to sell my textbooks there because all you have to do is enter the ISBN number and the rest is all automated, but it seemed too good to be true. As I was cleaning out some of my books though, I thought, why not? I kept them for research, but since I haven't used Strategic Management, Managerial Accounting, and other such fascinating material since I graduated, it seemed to be worth a shot to sell them.

So...I posted most of my textbooks. I was praying to get $5 for one of them, simply because you never get the turn-around money on the initial zillions paid for them. But.....

...I got $28 on my first book after only one hour!!!!!!!!



This is a happy moment because I have been seething for several years that I was forced to pay $150 for a textbook, but now I'm at least getting 20-25% return on them. Although the day started badly, it's ending welll.