10 October 2009

Office time...Saturday morning

...because you know that Saturday is a work day too! Actually in this situation I'm simply stealing the conference table to spread all my resources out for the paper I have to write for my class. Here we discover a major positive in the world of offices - taking over conference rooms for personal use.

As you can see through the lack of two daily posts, my Thursday and Friday was a little mundane since you didn't hear from me. Neither day was terribly mundane as they were simply exhausting. Thursday was full of meetings that were productive yet draining. Following that up with an evening of study made me feel like I had no life. My excitement of the evening was a relaxing cocktail that I was too tired to finish and a movie that apparantly turned itself off by morning....not very impressive.

Friday held a more interesting perspective, but equally time destructive. The offices of my department moved to a new building, and unfortunately that usually requires the social norm of having people in to take a look. This may come as a surprise, but I'm often not terribly sociable. I left the office door open a crack so I wasn't being rude, but not welcoming either. That made zero impact with strange people poking their face in and calling me by name as I tried desperately to figure out who in the world they were. In retrospect, I believe I could have stemmed off the biggest tide of stupid comments if I'd have just posted a sign saying,

"Yes, you are correct. I am not the person who normally sits in this office. You have great observation skills. Also, this person is not nearly as nice as the person who normally occupies this office. You may be bitten."

I am happy to report the best humour point of the week as my final one.
Humour Point: The President of the school stopping by the flat to tell me that I'm doing a great job. Elle's response to this? Walking up to where he was standing, look down at the puddle of water that he brought in from the rain with him and pronouncing "OH YUCK" while registering a very irritated expression. I'll be working on her political skills next.