29 October 2009

Second Week in Rome

Now that I'm back in the States for the fourth day, I'm sad and reflective for the second week of Rome, but because it was that good of a week and I'm no longer there! Despite all efforts to make it a true holiday away from work and school, it still ended up as a working holiday, but seriously, I'm not going to complain. Environment is everything to me and I actually enjoy working, so it was still awesome.

We saved our 'tourism moments' for when friends arrived, which was fun to do together. Walking...lots and lots of walking, even though I think it was the Vatican Museum that killed me over walking the city from stem to stern. Major museums really drain the life out of me because it's always an overwhelming presentation of 'cool' combined with no food or drink support. It takes like 20 minutes just to leave the crazy place once you start to exit. Everything else was in perfect little doses though and highly enjoyable.

Bazaars and street fairs will of course always be my favourite component of every holiday - Rome is no exception. Several shirts, scarves, designer tights, boots and other necessary paraphenalia later, my wardrobe has a breath of fresh air.

Bonus: I lost five pounds between eating less more often and walking several miles a day!