26 November 2003

New Bar!
Since I have had an interest recently with cocktails and parties, Eric and I decided a bar would fit in our dining room. Actually the concept never hit me until I overhead somebody talking about the house size ones. So we went to Watson's and found the perfect one :) I searched high and low for a picture online, but I can't find one, and I haven't taken a picture of it yet, so those who attend my New Year's Eve party will get to see it. It's obviously small because our dining room isn't exactly huge, but it really fits. Rounded, with an art deco/futuristic look, the wooden table obviously can't stay in the dining room, but that's all right since we don't eat at the table that often! It just sits there for all our visitors, trying to convince them that it is used on a regular basis, and that our family is normal with the meal rotation. Ha. So this glass topped, black based rounded bar will be matched with a glass topped bar table. It'll be more open in that room. If you can't tell, I'm very excited about this household addition. While young married couples get excited about their human additions (babies), I get excited about the new bar....boy, do I have a long way to go before babies.

Oh, and don't panic gamers. I'll just set up another card table that I keep upstairs, and the 10 person table is still in the basement :)