26 January 2005

Wanted: Experienced GM
I'm so excited to have completed my second story for AU. NPC's are made, maps are made, visual settings are ready to be made. I just have to place my monsters. My personal thorn and challenge are the monsters...are they too hard...are they too easy...are they too mundane...? Tonnes of questions. I've re-read the section of the DMG 500 times where they give advice about placing them and setting CR's, but it's still "uncomfortable" because I have nobody to say, "yeah, that's right." I kept thinking that I would check with Eric. Oops, he wants to play. Fine, John then. Uh, no, he's playing too. Derek? Playing. OK then, Fiddy. Not quite...yes, he's playing too. Arg! Ball? I wasn't sure if he GM's or not, but I knew he understood storywriting. Nope though, he's playing too.

Suddenly, the intimidation factor of being a newbie GM just shot through the roof as it dawned on me that this is beyond just a bunch of friends getting together for a game, but I have all of the experienced GM's in my game. That's crazily scarey. I still would like to check my CR's and placements of the monsters, so if there is an experienced GM that would like to ensure me that everything's OK or that I need tweaks, I would greatly appreciate it!