27 March 2003

Iraqi freedom
Has anyone noticed throughout the photos and news stories on CNN that there are common presentations of rejoicing Iraqi's (assumingly happy about the regime crumbling), yet the rest of the Arab Middle East is still protesting and angry about the war? I can't figure out these other obviously opposing Arab country's issues. I would think they just don't like their "own" being involved with war (NOT that I see anybody jumping to their aid), but sometimes I wonder if they truely grasp what the Iraqi's have endured under the regime. One example, sports. I would never get involved in Iraqi sports with this monster in charge!

Another thing I thought of was perhaps the other countries are afraid of the Saddam's family's retailiation to an "unfaithful" fellow Arabic country, but I doubt it since Turkey supported us in the Gulf War, and Saddam seems to have his own troubles to deal with first.