10 March 2003

My first license suspension experience.
While I was very undisturbed about my license being suspended, other people around me seemed to think it was the end of the world. Given the fact that any accident would be my fault and pulled over while driving would result in an arrest, since I rarely have passengers to drive for me, I finally decide that I must end this. I go to the courthouse and pay it. The snippy battle-ax behind the counter goes in her high-pitched whine, "Now, you know if you drive while under suspension (technically I still was since I had to take the receipt down to BMV and get my license reinstated), you will be arrested." I'm thinking, Oh no, of course not! I walked the 10 miles to make sure that I wasn't driving! Therefore, she comes off with, "Well, I'm going to call the police to make sure you're not driving when you leave the courthouse."

WELL. *dripping disgust* I had a nice long, enjoyable walk before Tae Kwon Do started at ITA. *hmph*