13 August 2003

My kitty...
I have this sudden to go home and make sure Q is all right, especially after reading Calima's emotion separation with Dodi, her cat, and now Anne's cat's death. John's blog about the accidental death of the ever popular neighborhood cat has left me a paranoid wreck, forcing me to realize that I am so not ready to have children because I'd probably be an overprotective mother!

Anyway, Sunday evening was lots of fun at the State Fair. Neal, Eric and I went to the swine and cow barn. I felt SO badly for the poor cows because Neal and Eric kept discussing where the best meat is located on the cow...right in front of the cow!! I think they crushed the poor thing's feelings. OK, I maybe going slightly overboard, but I do think it's animal cruelty to have delicious smelling steaks of themselves right outside their barn...wafting through their nostrils. *sniffles* They were so cute too.

We then went to the rodeo, which I love! I was into horses for years, and just as much into them as Tae Kwon Do, before I started Tae Kwon Do. I even won some showing awards. I really miss them, and would love to have another horse. Although I've ridden "bucking broncs," I've never ridden anything like what those cowboys do; I never had the courage :) Barrel racing is more my style...I'll stick to appreciation for the horse bucking and bull riding. I was once reminded how dangerous and tough the cowboy life was as we watched a horse buck a rider face first into the fence. The guy got stitches, and was on another horse within 15 minutes or so. *shudder* I get stitches in Tae Kwon Do and I'm probably done for those rounds!

Watching the Belgium drawn cart show was fun too. I am pretty upset that the harness racing is at 10am on Friday, when I have to work, but life will probably go on...