04 June 2004

Harry Potter
Cute movie. Lots of magic.

From the huge discussion in the car on the way back (Laurie, Ellen, Sally), I am assuming that the movie is not like the book. I hate it when that happens, but I didn't have any expectations, so I'll go back to my review.

Cute movie. Lots of magic.

Oh, there was a lot of serious waiting. We had to stand in line for 1.5 hours to just get our seats! Oh wait, I'm confused. That's right, we walked into a virtually empty theatre at 1030 and sat there for 1.5 hours being tormented by monsterous teenagers. Remind me to kill my future kid once he or she turns 13. Did I also mention that there was a midnight showing at a theatre one mile from Ellen's? So you may ask, "why did you go to Greenwood?" I'll tell you why :) Because this vital information was withheld when a certain Ellen realised this a couple days ago and she couldn't get a return on our tickets at Greenwood so we could go to the other one. That actually didn't bother me in the slightest. What I found funny was her face... when the manager came in to thank us for our support and that only one theatre in town was doing a midnight showing...as all three of us just turned and looked at her. It was quite funny as she realised that her timing of breaking this fact to us slowly was shattered :)