01 June 2004

Rollerblading
Eric has a pair of rollerblades, but the official function of the blades is to collect dust. Therefore, I decided to get some of my own so we could enjoy something athletic together (besides Tae Kwon Do). Guess what, it's not like ice-skating! I really love to ice-skate, but this doesn't seem to be a sport widely accepted in Hoosier-Land. We have skating rinks in Carmel, downtown, and Fishers, but I don't have friends or a husband that does it :( My opinion of blading is that it's like taking Karate and Tae Kwon Do: totally two different styles. So far no falls though. It would be nice to discover the secret of stopped without the tree's help.

PS If you like to ice-skate you are similarly isolated from the wonderful world of northern sports, please let me know!